Amanda Spielman’s ambition for the new inspection framework is that it has “substance and integrity” @amanda_spielman .
To be fair, almost very headteacher that I have spoken to has encouraging things to say about the new draft framework. I know for sure that our main authority on this; Clive Davies O.B.E @CliveDaviesOBE sees this new framework as potentially having a genuinely positive impact.
So if you had to summarise 5 key points from the framework what would yours be?
- The 4 categories remain the same
- Teacher workload to be acknowledged
- There are now only 4 judgement categories
- The Curriculum must be broad and balanced
- Impact will be judged by nationally generated performance data
If you haven’t seen it yet, you can find it here https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/education-inspection-framework-draft-for-consultation
Send us your thoughts we would love to hear them!